Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Princess and the Pea


This is a literal, yet abstract inspiration from the story “The Princess and the Pea”.


Fine, gold threaded bedding and… no prizes for guessing what the green jade bead represents!

Being on the topic of delicateness, I decided to explore with lace – which I think exudes femininity and of course, delicateness (these are really delicate pieces). Note that I used the same word thrice in a sentence!

I used a soft colour palette for this series…I’m also crazy in love about the idea of having lace draped over the shoulder. Some of them can be used as headpieces too! Just requires a few bobby pins to secure them in place :)

I didn’t want to spoil the aesthetics of these pretty accessories but there was no other alternative other than myself! So yes, I’ll be sourcing for a human-sized mannequin ASAP! And for the time being, I hope you do enjoy viewing!

Delicate Princess


A Dainty Summer

White Allure Series


Blushing Blooms


 
These items are now available in my etsy shop! Here's the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Tongatwork

No comments:

Post a Comment